May 3rd, 2015
Archive for Cartoon Motivators
Get it Going!
Whatever your goal is – You don’t have to get it right – you just have to get it going! Start today, take one small step to get things moving! It doesn’t matter if you make mistakes at this early stage – you can iron things out as you go along.
Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go in your life, job, sport or your passion – just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have fought and won, and all the fears you have overcome! Then get back on it!
Make every moment count – enjoy life to the fullest! Take some action today no matter how small!
Success cartoon!? How badly do you want it?
If you would like this ‘success cartoon’ or commission a different one please email Richard or call on +44 1246 209034
Moving Mountains – not easy – not impossible!
This quote by Lydia M. Child got me thinking…
‘Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture.’
Then I got this idea for cartoon…
No matter how old you are now. YOU are never too young or too old for SUCCESS or going after what you want.
Here’s a long list of people who accomplished & (against the odds) great things at different ages…
1) Helen Keller At the age of 19 months Helen became deaf & blind. But that didn’t stop her.She was the first deafblind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree
2) Mozart was already competent on keyboard & violin, he composed from the age of 5
3) Shirley Temple was 6 when she became a movie star on “Bright Eyes”
4) Anne Frank was 12 when she wrote the diary of Anne Frank
5) Magnus Carlsen became a chess Grandmaster at the age of 13 years
6) Nadia Comăneci At age 14, gymnast of Romania scored seven perfect 10.0 and won three gold medals at the Olympics
7) Tenzin Gyatso was formally recognized as the 14th Dalai Lama November 1950, at the age of 15
8) Pele soccer superstar was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958 with Brazil
9) Elvis was a Superstar by age 19
10) John Lennon was 20 years & Paul Mcartney 18 when the Beatles had their first concert in1961
11) Jesse Owens was 22 when he won 4 gold medals in Berlin 1936
12) Beethoven was a Piano virtuoso by age 23
13) Issac Newton at 24 wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
14) Roger Bannister was 25 When he broke the 4 minute mile record
15) Albert Einstein was 26 when he wrote the theory of relativity
16) Lance E Armstrong was 27 when he won the tour de France
17) Michelangelo created the two of the greatest sculptures “David” and “Pieta” by age 28
18) Alexander the Great by age 29, had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world
19) J.K.Rowling was 30 years old when she finished the first manuscript for Harry Potter
20) Amelia Earhart was 31 years old when she became the first woman 2 fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
21) Oprah was 32 when she started her talk show, which has become the highest-rated program of its kind
22) Edmund Hillary was 33 when he became the first man to reach Mount Everest (highest Mountain in the world
23) Martin Luther King jr was 34 When he did the speech “I have a dream”
24) Marie Curie was 35 years old when she got nominated 4 Nobel Prize in Physics 1903
25) The Wright brothers, Orville (was 32 ) & Wilbur (was 36) when they invented & built the world’s first successful airplane & making the first controlled, powered & sustained heavier-than-air human flight
26) Vincent Van Gogh was 37 when he died & virtually unknown yet his paintings today are worth millions
27) Neil Armstrong was 38 when he became the first man to set foot on the moon
28) Mark Twain was 40 when he wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and 49 years old for Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
29) Christopher Columbus was 41 when he discovered the Americas
30) Rosa Parks was 42 when she refused 2 obey bus driver’s order 2 give up her seat 2 make room for a white passenger.
31) John F. Kennedy was 43years when he became President of the United States
32) Henry Ford Was 45 when the Ford T came out
33) Suzanne Collins was 46 when she wrote “ The Hunger Games”
34) Charles Darwin was 50 years old when his book On the Origin of Species came out
35) Leonardo Da Vinci was 51 years old when he painted the Mona Lisa
36) Abraham Lincoln was 52 when he became president
37) Ray Kroc Was 53 when he bought the McDonalds Franchise and took it to unprecedented levels
38) Dr. Seuss was 54 when he wrote “the cat in the hat”
40) Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger III was 57 years old when he successfully ditched US Airways Flight 1549, in the Hudson River in, 2009. All of the 155 passengers aboard the aircraft survived.
41) Colonel Harland Sanders was 61 when he started the KFC Franchise
42) J R R Tolkien was 62 when the lord of the ring books came out
43) Ronald Reagan was 69 when he became President of the United States
44) Jack Lalane at age 70 handcuffed, shackled, towed 70 rowboats
45) Nelson Mandela was 76 When he Became Presid”
― Pablo(Thanks for this list!)
Opportunity Knocking and you can’t hear it because you’re too busy putting up barriers!
Here’s my 5 Favourite ‘Opportunity Knocking’ quotes…
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” ~ Winston Churchill “We often miss opportunity because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work” ~ Thomas Edison “The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger–but recognize the opportunity.” ~ John F. Kennedy “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” ~ Milton Berle “I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
Oh, I nearly forgot one more ‘opportunity knocking’ quote…
“Sometimes opportunities float right past your nose. Work hard, apply yourself, and be ready. When an opportunity comes you can grab it.”
~ Julie Andrews Edwards
My simplest advice to everyone out there; If it hurts, let go. Life is way too short to waste any time at all. You’re only young for so long, and every moment you spend dwelling on the things that only cause you to hurt, is precious time wasted where you could have been out adventuring around, making more memories to look back on. Nobody wants to remember the nights they sat around crying. They look back at the adventures they had while they were young. The good nights, days, whatever. And when you find someone where it feels like the first time every time, don’t let that go. Don’t give up without a fight. To hell with anybody who makes you feel like you’re ordinary. Don’t waste your time. And I’m not kidding, when you find this person, hold tight and do not ever let them go. It rarely happens. And you’ll know it, because its when you feel most alive. Its a pretty shitty world, no jokes. But you can be happy if you want to be. ~ Author Unknown