by cartooninggenius | Mar 12, 2010 | Fun Stuff
11. Napoleon Hill’s Think And Grow Rich was the first ever self improvement book I ever read. And God am I grateful for finding this!
12. I listen to inspiring mp3’s on my iPod while I’m out walking my dog.
13. I work alone – so for company listen to the local radio station Peak FM while I’m working – then change to motivational videos like ‘The Secret’ when I need a gee up. I have loads of self-development books but I now prefer listening instead of reading.
14. I read inspiring quotes and draw quick cartoons to illustrate them. I post them all over the place – on post it notes my computer screen so I can refer to them often.
15. Go to bed every night with a good self-development book and destroy by them by highlighting paragraphs that appeal to me. They’re covered in highlights and cartoon sketches!
16. I wake up in the morning and immediately re-read my goal sheet to set my day off in the right direction.
17. I did a FIRE WALK at a Tony Robbins workshop years ago – it gave me a great sense of belief in myself that I could do anything I put my mind to.
18. I’m currently toying around with either buying a new iPod or going for the latest iPhone.(I’m a Mac – not a PC!)
19. I’ve recently started attending once a month wine tasting evenings – trying to get away from my ‘beer-man’ image.(Although I still enjoy a beer after a work out.)
20. I’m reading up on blogging and have subscribed to a couple of online courses. So hopefully this blog will improve over the coming months!
by cartooninggenius | Mar 9, 2010 | Fun Stuff
50 Things You Didn’t Know about Me! (Numbers 1-10)
- I work all hours drawing motivational cartoons – because I absolutely love what I do! (Verging on a workaholic!)
- I love to keep fit, even at 55 I still play 5-a-side football/soccer once a week and squash 2-3 times a week.
- I have a black Labrador ‘Jet’ that I walk three times a day – he gives me a break from working!
- I’ve drawn a doggy cartoon strip ‘SCRAGGS’ for 15 years – or 105 doggy ones!
- I’m always interested in doing private commissions and corporate ones Well to be honest I’m always interested in any commission, like I said I love what I do.
- I’m so grateful for having the opportunity to draw cartoons for a living.
- I have a wife of nearly 25 years and two daughters Samantha(20) and Steffanie(17)
- I turned freelance back in 1982 – all my friends said I wouldn’t make it as a cartoonist and that I should get a REAL job! (Well I proved them all wrong with shear determination and perseverance – and here I am today to tell the tale.)
- I drive a five year old BMW X3 – had it from new.
- I live in a six bedroom house – four years ago it was a four bed one but I extended over the garage and built two extra rooms to house my cartoon studio.(Used to have a studio in the town centre Chesterfield – but the rent rates and everything else kept going up and up. Stay tuned! More to follow over the next week.
by cartooninggenius | Sep 30, 2009 | Fun Stuff
Someone emailed me this today…I think you’ll enjoy it!
This is amazing! Check it out!
This is neat
Click on ‘Birthday Calculator.’ It tells you how many hours and
How many seconds you have been alive on this earth and when
You were probably conceived.
How cool is that?
After you’ve finished reading the info, click again,
and see what the moon looked like the night you
were born. Who says our time clocks aren’t ticking…
Visit the below web page and enter your birthday detail…