Goal Setting – The Top Ten Mistakes That Rob You of Your Goals – By Jill Koenig
1) Waking up and then trying to figure out what you are going to do that day based on what you feel like doing. High performing men and women know days, weeks and sometimes even months or years in advance.
2) Not having your tasks prioritized. When planning your day and mapping out your projects, figure out which activities should be done and in the precise order based upon importance.
3) Doing it all yourself AKA Not using professionals because you think you can’t afford it. It takes you at least 10 times longer to learn how to clumsily carry out a task that a specialist can do in a few minutes.
4) Not having a mentor. A mentor is someone you can emulate. A mentor is someone you can model who will show you the ropes, saving you valuable time, energy and money.
Are you getting the idea about goal setting!? There’s more…
5) Not having a Coach. A Coach is different from a mentor, as a coach can zero in on helping you advance specific Goals and stay focused on the tasks necessary to achieve them.
6) Spending time on things that are unnecessary. Spending valuable hours disinfecting your desk, reorganizing your file cabinets and dusting your keyboard with a Qtip in the middle of the workday is the ultimate procrastination.
7) Not working on yourself. My mentor taught me to work harder on myself than I do on my business. I still practice reading and listening to motivational tapes first thing in the morning every morning and all throughout the day.
8) Spending large amounts of time and energy with others who do not work on themselves. Part of goal setting is about getting around other focused, motivated people with Goals, dreams of their own will inspire you.
9) Not taking time to celebrate when you reach a Goal. Give yourself the gift of reveling in your achievement.
10) Not having a long term vision to empower you. If all you are doing is racking up a bunch of meaningless tasks, you are merely killing time.
You can see more cartoons on goal setting here… http://www.cartoonmotivators.com/NewYearGoals.html
There’s a cartoon strip on goal setting here… http://www.cartoonmotivators.com/HesMyAim.html
And one more goal setting cartoons…http://www.cartoonmotivators.com/TrackToSuccess.html
I hope this article and cartoons helps with your goal setting!? Goal setting is the key to success!