Captain Positive saves the day…
Hints and tips on becoming more like Captain Positive…
1. Train yourself to notice when you are happy and try to collect five happy moments every single day.
2. Get active – physical activity releases happy chemicals in our brains.
3. Sign up as a volunteer research shows that helping others gives us a sense of wellbeing.
4. Keep in contact with your mates – scientists report that individuals with a good social network are more likely to be positive people.
5. Write a letter of thanks to someone who has helped you or had a great influence on you. This will increase your positive and contented feelings.
6. Eat healthily, drink plenty of water and get sufficient sleep. It’s hard to feel positive if you aren’t treating your body with care and respect. Written by Christine Webber (My apologies to Christine – I lost your URL.)
Let me know what you think to Captain Positive – is he a cartoon character you would like to see more of?
You can see and purchase an updated coloured version of the Captain Positive here