2. EAT MORE NUTRITIOUS FIBER FOODS. Increase your complex carbohydrates in the form of whole grains, beans and especially fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. DRINK PLENTY OF PURE WATER. Water is an essential nutrient. Eight glasses a day helps you digest food, transport nutrients and get rid of toxins.
4. EXERCISE SENSIBLY. A daily walk is better than strenuous high impact aerobics. Also, light weight training helps keep your bones strong.
5. INCREASE YOUR MICRONUTRIENTS. Studies prove that optimum amounts (higher than the RDA’s) of essential nutritionals, fatty acids and phytonutrients help you to feel good, prevent disease and slow down aging - naturally.
6. CUT DOWN ON REFINED SUGAR. Sugar is a nutritional nightmare giving you a burst of energy one minute, a bout of fatigue the next and taking your emotions on a roller coaster ride to end up at depression and irritability.
7. LIMIT SALT. Excess salt throws your minerals off balance, causes water retention and possibly high blood pressure. You can get used to less.
8. QUIT SMOKING, GIVE UP CAFFEINE AND OTHER DRUGS, AND REDUCE ALCOHOL. In other words, eliminate the negative.
9. MAINTAIN YOUR OPTIMUM WEIGHT. Both overweight and underweight create excess stress and strain on the body. It’s best to get it right and stay there.
10. MANAGE YOUR STRESS. According to Abe Lincoln, “Most people are
just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Create a balanced life that works. And, make up your mind to be happy.
About the Author
Moss Greene is the Nutrition Host at Bellaonline.com. Visit her web site at http://www.bellaonline.com/site/nutrition to find out how to look better, feel your best and have more energy - naturally. Subscribe now to the News You Can Use Newsletter by going to http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art3859.asp