Why Winners Win And Losers Lose! by Gary Simpson
Here is a 20 point list that discerns the difference between winners and losers. You can learn why winners win and losers lose very quickly by checking this list.
1. Winners have dogged determination. Losers lack the ability to see any project through to a satisfactory conclusion.
2. Winners never give up, give in or surrender. Losers quit the moment things get the slightest bit difficult.
3. Winners make exceptional use of available time. Losers waste time engaging in useless activities.
4. Winners plan and map their route to success. Losers consider plans belong to builders and maps belong in glove-boxes.
5. Winners take responsibility for all outcomes. Losers shun responsibility and prefer to place blame on others.
6. Winners commence a task at the earliest opportunity. Losers procrastinate, delay and run out of time.
7. Winners learn from their own mistakes and the experience of others. Losers make the same mistakes over and over again.
8. Winners are committed to projects. Losers display whimsical interest.
9. Winners make things happen. Losers watch things happen.
10. Winners are pro-active. Losers are re-active.
11. Winners have vision and imagination. Losers are backward looking and lack initiative.
12. Winners encourage and inspire others. Losers criticize and ridicule others.
13. Winners are methodical and organized. Losers are haphazard and slipshod.
14. Winners seek information and embrace new knowledge. Losers ignore better methods, concepts and ideas.
15. Winners ask: "How can I do that?" Losers state: "How do you expect me to do that?"
16. Winners invest in income producing assets. Losers waste money on depreciating consumer goods.
17. Winners develop 5, 10, 20, 30 years of experience. Losers repeat one year of experience 5, 10, 20, 30 times.
18. Winners continually push existing limits and boundaries. Losers feel comfortable operating below their self-imposed ceilings.
19. Winners take calculated risks. Losers take hazardous gambles.
20. Winners are inspired to do more to be more. Losers conspire to do less and not be noticed.
Print this check-list, take a pen and give yourself a tick or a cross against each of the 20 points above.
There is only ONE requirement - be honest. That is another characteristic of winners - they are honest with themselves.
About the author: Gary Simpson is the author of eight books covering a diverse range of subjects such as self esteem, affirmations, self defense, finance and much more. His articles appear all over the web. Gary's email address is mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to go to his Motivation & Self Esteem for Success website where you can receive his "Zenspirational Thoughts" plus an immediate FREE copy of his highly acclaimed, life-changing e-book "The Power of Choice." For more information on winners and how to be the best that you can be, you can visit here.